1 - How to use the server ?
- Updates are posted on #announcements
- You can get your role(s) by voting here #get-roles
- You can introduce yourself briefly here #introduce-yourself
- Ask help in #Help › Text
- If your asking about non-IT stuff use #general-help
- #Hangout is used for general Hangouts, Communication & Mock Interview
- #Streaming is used for Streaming, Live Coding & Coding Challenges
- #Stage is used for main Voice Only Events
Check #planning for any events
Events/Workshops are recorded 🔴 and published on youtube
2 - How to benefit from the server ?
This is for @New Members & @Members Had la video katchreh server b details
3 - How to Ask for Help ?
- Do not contact members by private message, the questions you have and the answers given can benefit everyone and you will be more likely to have a quick answer.
- If you have a problem or question, make sure to do a minimum of research before. This server is dedicated to mutual aid, but our role is not to do Google searches for you!
- Do not ask for solutions.
- Ask for help in the #Help › Text category and no where else. (Otherwise the question will be deleted)
- When you ask a question in the #Help › Text, include as many things as possible so that we can help you :
- - Explain the error message (or lack of errors!) You get.
- - Put a screenshot of the problem.
- - Tell us your code or the problematic lines.
If you want to share code, share it directly (check here to know how), don't upload a file. If the code is too long or there are too many files, give us a link to a GitHub/GitLab/Bitbucket repository or Github Gists ... Members who can/want to help regularly visit the Help rooms, so when you ask for help, DO NOT mention someone or everyone to ask for help personally (unless you've already interacted with that same person. on the same problem to warn him). Do Not Post the same question in multiple channels. You should chat using #help-chat when you are connected to the #Help › Voice. Please, feel free to share the solution in case you found on your own. Do Not Ask for help in exchange for money or Ask for money in exchange for help. https://dontasktoask.com/
4 - How to Help ?
- If someone contacts you by private message, tell them to post their question inside the group so everyone can benefit.
- If you want to share code, share it directly (check here to know how), don't upload a file. If the code is too long or there are too many files, give us a link to a GitHub/GitLab/Bitbucket repository or Github Gists ...
- You should chat using #help-chat when you are connected to the #Help › Voice.
- When there is more than one helper helping the same person, respect eachother and DO NOT try to show that you're more skilled or better than the others, the main goal is to help the person asking to acheive the solution on his own, not competing against eachother.
- Do Not Ask for help in exchange for money or Ask for money in exchange for help.
- If you help someone, try to guide the person asking for help, providing the final solution is prohibited.
5 - How to post code ?
You can post a block of code and enable syntax highlighting using 3 back quotes followed by the language name, for example for Python:
// python code
You can find more informations on message formatting here